Emily 
Madeleine
Cups are labeled in the pictures, not because I don't know who is who, but because cups go to "school" for snack-time.
This week's top adventure was the discovery of Rice Krispies. The girls have been eating cereal out of bowl for a while (Emily often prefers "no milk"), but we have stuck to Cheerios. This week we branched out and tried Rice Krispies. The girls were so excited about the fact their cereal "talked", it was requested three meals a day for the first three days. In addition, we have discovered blueberries (Thank you to Sarah for giving us Jamberry, a delightful children's book that sparked our interest and allowed the introduction of a new food!), which are a big hit with all concerned. If there is nothing on TV at the moment, you can watch a video of a discussion as to what Rice Krispies say (I personally like the finger movements) and a request for more blueberries.
Other adventures this week included a trip to the grocery store in which Emily and Madeleine were allowed to actually walk in the store (IF they go - it is normally in the stroller) and they took the little baskets their play food came in, so they could carry groceries and "help" Mom. Emily also showed her mathematical prowess by counting to five all by herself...unfortunately it was while I was changing her after their nap, Madeleine was sobbing because I wasn't holding her and I told her I would be finished with Emily and holding Madeleine again as soon as I counted to five. I had planned on counting slowly - it didn't happen that way! We also reviewed the concept that if you have a treasured toy and choose to set it down, you can no longer claim it when your sister picks it up. This, of course, led to a new "game" in which you set the toy down, feign disinterest, grab the toy at the last possible second and then tell your sister it is "mine". Yesterday, at Colonial Williamsburg we found a stump under "The Squirrel Tree" and have our log rolling career off to an ambitious start.
Madeleine running, Emily rolling - see video for "action shot"Madeleine and Emily would like to say a belated Happy Father's Day (Happy Daddy Day) to Grandpa, Opa, and Uncles Paul, Kyle, and Bodo.
