Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I LOVE Preschool

Emily (L) and Madeleine (R) ready for the first day of school 2010-2011!! (There is not a significant height difference - just posture in this particular photo). There was some serious consternation that we could not wear sandals with our dresses, but the school rule is "playground shoes"! So be it.

Yesterday we spent the entire day changing our minds about what we would wear on the first day of school. This morning it was requested that we have our hair curled - okay. Then make-up was requested. This is where I open the compact, dust the mirror side with the brush and then put on the "blush". Next comes the clear lip gloss. Madeleine asked for eye shadow and I told her I didn't think it was really necessary today...which is when Emily chimed in with "Yeah, Mad. We aren't in kindergarten!" That's right; because in kindergarten you should arrive in full make-up and looking like a street walker.

Madeleine's response to being told we could go out to lunch after I picked up the girls from school.

Emily's response to the same announcement.

The girls showing off the Disney princess rings we made yesterday. It was requested we wear these to school. The request was vetoed. The rings were worn in the car, but did not go into the school building.

After I dropped the girls at school I met a friend, Amy, for coffee (Man, I LOVE preschool!). Amy told me about a nail place that has chairs, etc. for kids. The girls have not had their nails professionally done before, but since this is the first day of a new school year, we decided to do something special.

Emily (L), Madeleine (R).


Madeleine's end result (please excuse the bedding in the photo and the lack of the rest of the hand...I took the pictures in the dark while the girls were sleeping).

Emily's nails.