You may remember Theodore. The "Teddy Bear Class" mascot from preschool who visits a different family each weekend. Theodore came home with Emily in October. Emily walked into a sweet deal. We switched from the Froggy Class to the Teddy Bear class right at the end of October (Resulting in me becoming that parent - something I foolishly vowed would not happen). Anyhow, when we moved, the stars were aligned in such a matter that Emily "got all the exciting stuff", such as bringing Theodore home, being Star Student, getting multiple book bags, etc.
Meanwhile, Madeleine got two book bags and justifiably upset. To her credit, she handled it really well and lasted about three weeks before bursting into tears one day while we were getting ready for naps. (I think she inherited her stoicism from my grandfather and grandmother. These people were so stoic that when I shattered an ankle in high school and they came to see me in the hospital before I was taken into surgery, I assumed it was much more serious than I had been told because Grandfather and Grandmother had come and were acting like it was a big deal.)
Well, folks, good things come to those who wait!! Not only did Madeleine's turn with Theodore finally arrive...she got him for all of Thanksgiving Break! Theodore came home on Tuesday afternoon and did not have to go back until the following Monday morning. Bliss.
Late Tuesday afternoon the girls' friend, Emerson, came over for a sleepover - the "all night" variety. All four parents were betting that sooner or later, someone would be transporting a pajama-clad Emerson home. Nope she made it all night! (Four parents and at least two grandparents were rather surprised by this). All three girls did a great job going to sleep and the only issue was a wake-up event at 3:30 in the morning. I think two of us would have happily gone back to sleep, but my youngest was leading the charge. Madeleine was begging to go back to sleep and Emerson was sufficiently intimidated by being in a house other than her own; so, I got in bed with Emily and all of us went back to sleep. Funny how having an adult in the room cuts down on chatting.
Emerson is an excellent eater and eats all variety of "grown-up food". I was hoping some of this might rub off on our two, who are becoming more and more difficult regarding food. Sadly, this was not only not the case, but we ended up corrupting Emerson by introducing her to Scooby Doo mac n' cheese.
Thanksgiving was a rather low-key affair in our house. We spent the weekend visiting various playgrounds and making Christmas crafts to give to people. The crafts looked faster to make than they were (duh) and I believe it was at about handprint 22, of 30, I started muttering non-craft related things under my breath.
Below are a few videos from the Thanksgiving Program....sorry for the background static. Emily is in red sleeves and Madeleine is in purple sleeves.
