Monday, May 5, 2008

Le Scoot



M with Madeleine and T with Emily (to truly see their glee, click the photo for a close-up of little faces).


The picture says it all...after much cajoling, bribing, threatening, etc. I finally got the girls to agree to go on Le Scoot Log Flume in "France" (granted Emily had to literally be pulled into the log at the beginning of the ride and coached throughout...). The ride involves the riders being in the log as it winds its way, in water, through the mill and then ends with a drop at the end. The picture was taken at the very top of the biggest drop. I'm told I appear calm, in reality I'm wondering how I will live with myself after one or both of my three-year olds have fallen out and simultaneously trying to figure out how to hold on to both Madeleine and the bar on the inside of the log. The last time I was on this ride, I was 18 and had my younger brother Kyle with me - but he was 11 and could hold on for himself. Needless to say, the girls weren't overwhelmed and I think it will be a while before I return as well.