Madeleine, Emily and Emerson with various sleeping "accessories"Wednesday was not only the first day of preschool for the year, (Thank God!! Don't get me wrong, I love the girls and generally we had a lot of fun this summer. However, Labor Day was late and around here it is apparently some sort of catastrophic sin to start school before Labor Day....all three of us were ready to go to school.) it was also our first sleepover.
Emily and Madeleine's friend Emerson came over to our house after school on Wednesday. After playing while their gourmet lunch of grilled cheese sandwich and apple slices was prepared, the girls ate and then went upstairs for a nap. Not that I had any real hope of sleep actually occurring.
Everyone used the facilities and got into jammies without issue. It was then into bed with security blankets, etc. I knew if there was the slimmest chance of sleep actually happening, I'd have to be in the room too. So I did a little work while the girls went to "sleep". The results are as follows:
Madeleine - She clearly inherited her mother's lack of ability to stay awake during a sleepover. She tossed and turned a bit and then pulled her comforter over her head and crashed.
Emerson - She gave going to sleep the most valiant effort I have ever witnessed. She was very quiet and kept her eyes closed....at one point I thought she had dozed off, but am not sure.
Emily - She nearly found herself listed on Craigslist. She decided she was not tired and tossed, turned, got out of bed, tossed, got out of bed again and loudly announced she wasn't tired - repeatedly. She was immune to the glares, hissing and threatening hand motions from her mother.
The young ladies of our household deemed the "sleep"over a roaring success and I am now being pestered for a "night time one".
