Monday, August 31, 2009

Haste Makes Waste For My Minis

We told the girls they can each pick out an outfit when we go to Germany this fall. Last night I was looking at the website for the department store we will probably visit and they had the children's sizes split into "baby", "minis", "kids". Madeleine and Emily's sizes are in the "mini" range - the term just struck me as funny (and pretty accurate, not babies, but not quite big kids). The girls saw the site and want the Ariel t-shirt...great we drag them to Germany and they want to buy a Disney product.

Yesterday I bought each of the girls a pair of jeans at a store where I had not shopped before (the girls were home with their dad). I guessed on the size and, of course, the jeans were too long. I knew the store had three pairs in the next size down, but it was a Saturday and there were a lot of people there - we needed fast action. I called the store and they very nicely put two pairs behind the counter and the girls and I headed out. I threw the dresses they had worn to church over their heads, slapped on four sandals and headed out the door. I buckled Emily in and was just starting on Madeleine when she got a rather distressed look on her face. I asked her what was the matter and she wailed "I don't have on underwear!!" (I know I handed her her pair in their room.) So, I ran back upstairs, grabbed underwear, put them on her in the garage and we exchanged the jeans without further incident.