For this month's chapel services the Teddy Bear class sang "Our God Is An Awesome God". Tuesday afternoon Emily and Madeleine were wandering around the house singing the song to themselves. The lyrics caught my ear and I asked a less-than-acceptable question.
Madeleine and Emily were singing the line "He reigns from Heaven above with wisdom, power and love." However, due to a line break in the song, and a bit of a misunderstanding, the girls were singing "He reigns from Heaven above with 'wiz' and power and love." Huh?
I foolishly asked "What is 'wiz'?" Emily informed me, "I don't know, but it is in your head." The children tap their heads with a finger when singing the word wisdom. I then realized what was going on, attempted to explain line breaks in lyrics and define wisdom.
"Mommy! Miss Judy knows the song and she taught it to us! Now I don't remember it! You're wrong!!" etc. etc. etc. - coming from both of my friends. Oops. Thankfully, this entire kerfuffle occurred the afternoon before Chapel, so we were able to sleep on it and have the "correct" lyrics come back to us overnight.
* Sorry for the delay before they start singing...I hit 'record' too early...Madeleine in the bright pink dress and Emily in the black with red sleeves - both in back row.
