Just in case Halloween with two four-year-olds does not present enough excitement, add a new pet!
Skeeter is the newest member of our family. We selected him yesterday and he came home today (our humane society has a 24 hour waiting period).
We had planned on waiting until after the holidays. However, Lucy was rather lonely when we were in Germany and that was only half of the time of an upcoming trip. So, we went to the humane society and found Skeeter. Now, Lucy is rather ticked! We are hoping for improvement in the feline relations.
I had hoped for a kitten who was about four months, because I had been told two of us wanted a "baby cat". However, Emily and Madeleine were happy with Skeeter. He is six months old and already sterilized (something I wanted). He was born at the shelter so he is very good with other cats and was shockingly accepting of the girls' advances.
There were some really sweet eight-week-old kittens. However, I am not really up for the extra work right now. And....coming into a house with two preschoolers - I think Skeeter's size gives him a better shot than a critter who fits in the palm of my hand!
When the issue of a kitten first came up I was told that the kitten was to be named Princess Sparkle Sleeping Bleauty (sic). Skeeter is a neutered male...this has not necessarily changed our name preference. The collar we selected has a significant amount of pink and a pink bell. HE was also referred to as Sleeping Bleauty in the car for part of the ride home. And, in the photos above he has happily curled up on a Sleeping Beauty Halloween costume left on the dining room table. However, two of us also like the suggestion of Leo.....we will see.
And should someone think Lincoln has been forgotten....Today when we picked up a few things for Skeeter I pointed out toys Lincoln had really liked and suggested we get a few for Skeeter. Madeleine informed me she will hold one of those toys in her hand when she dies and that way she can take it up to Heaven and give it Lincoln.
