Friday, July 27, 2007

Ladies Who Lunch

Emily left, Madeleine right

OK, it wasn't exactly lunch, but an afternoon muffin in a "cafe". My watch battery died weeks ago and I finally had it replaced by a jeweler in a little strip mall. Following the watch repair the girls and I went to the cafe next door and they split an apple muffin. The girls rarely "eat out" so this was a big treat. They behaved very well and sat on their side of the booth (which they called a couch) with no problem.

Madeleine's mouth is doing much better and she has made the connection between feeling better and the "yellow doctor medicine", so she now holds her mouth open for medication application and the pleas of "no more please" have subsided. Her cooperation is rewarded with a sticker or two (I owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to the inventor of the sticker, as we use them for rewards in the tooth brushing arena as well)...once the course of medication is complete, we may need to have a chat about higher standards.

In the previous post I mentioned last Saturday's disastrous trip to Busch Gardens. On the way home we stopped and the girls got their first Happy Meals - enthusiasm was abundant. I honestly think one of the attributes of a Happy Meal, as far as the girls are concerned, is the french fry bag!

Emily in stripes, Madeleine in red...in a very rare (at least for that trip) moment of happines

Madeleine

Emily

The popular attraction in Colonial Williamsburg this week is the new ox calf (is that the right term?) who is rather hard to see because he didn't feel like standing that day. We are also still very content to visit the sheep on a regular basis.



Madeleine left (Did I mention they choose their own clothes?), Emily right